To address your questions and concerns, Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery has put together a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you do not find the answer to your questions, or you would like to schedule your complementary consultation appointment with Dr. Vitenas, give our office a call our office at (281) 870-2051.
What is a fat transfer?
Why get a Breast Fat Transfer instead of other types of breast implants?
A fat transfer has many advantages over traditional silicone and saline breast implants, such as:
- Fat is a completely natural substance that comes from your own body
- Harvesting of the fat can be used to slim and enhance your shape
- The breast can be sculpted and shaped to your desired size
- There are minimal incisions with this procedure, which reduces the possibility of scarring
- Fat grafting to the breasts can be used to disguise breast implants that do not look natural
How much larger can I make my breasts with a Breast Fat Transfer?
Where does the fat come from for a Breast Fat Transfer?
How long does the Breast Fat Transfer procedure take?
What are some of the risks involved with Breast Fat Transfer?
Will the Breast Fat Transfer leave any scars?
How is the fat placed in my breasts?
What can I expect at my consultation visit?
Where does Dr. Vitenas perform the Breast Fat Transfer?
How much discomfort is felt during the procedure?
What kinds of anesthesia are available during the procedure?
What should I expect from my Butt Fat Transfer recovery?
When will I see the results of my Breast Fat Transfer?
How long can I expect the results to last?
Will insurance cover this procedure?
Who is a good candidate for a Breast Fat Transfer?
- In overall good health
- Women with good skin quality and breast position (or a breast lift may need to be performed, as well)
- Women looking for a subtle increase in breast size, going up by about one cup size
- Looking to reduce and sculpt areas of the body with a liposuction procedure
- Non-smokers, as the fat graft does not take as well in the tissue of smokers