Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery knows you have lots of questions about Fat Transfers. Below are some of our most commonly asked questions about the Face Fat Transfer procedure. If you do not find the information you are looking for, or want to schedule your complementary consultation, give our office a call at (281) 870-2051.
What is a fat transfer?
Why get a Face Fat Transfer?
What areas of the face can benefit the most from a face fat transfer?
- Correction of “hollow” eyes: visible blood vessels under the eyes, and visible tear troughs
- Correction after removal of under-eye pads (from a lower blepharoplasty)
- The temple area
- Upper, sub, and lower malar (cheek bone)
- Jaw line
- Glabella (in between the eye brows)
- Facial scars
- The area between upper lip and nose
- The bridge of the nose and its lateral fatty pads
How long does the Face Fat Transfer procedure take?
What are some of the risks involved with Face Fat Transfer?
Will the Facial Fat Transfer leave any scars?
Where does the fat come from?
How is fat placed at the target site?
What can I expect at my consultation visit?
Where does Dr. Vitenas perform this procedure?
How much discomfort will there be after the procedure and what sort of anesthesia will be available?
What can I expect during my recovery period?
How long after the procedure until I can see my final results?
You will see results immediately after a Face Fat Transfer, but you will continue to see gradual improvement over the next year, as swelling diminishes and the tissue continues to generate. Patients note not only an improvement in facial fullness but the quality of their skin’s appearance, as well.